Friday, September 17, 2010

Free and Fun Friday: The Swing

I frequently take Shrade to the park and everytime he goes on the swing I recite a poem that my mom used to say to me.  It's so fun to say and I've memorized it and I want my son to memorize it soon.  It even has a rhythm just like swinging.



The Swing
by Robert Louis Stevenson
How do you like to go up in a swing,
             Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
             Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
             Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
             Over the countryside--

Till I look down on the garden green,
              Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
              Up in the air and down!

1 comment:

Abi said...

That is one of my favorites! My mother said it to me, and I say it to my kids as well. Fun!!