Thursday, September 23, 2010

Growing Kids God's Way: Touchpoints of Love

I have really been enjoying our Growing Kids God's Way class.  I hope that you are getting a few tidbits of wisdom as I present this series for the next several months.

This last week we learned about Touchpoints of Love which are actually called Love Languages.  Gary Chapman wrote a wonderful book called The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts.  There is also a children's version: The Five Love Languages of Children.  These books are worth reading.

The key point in this lesson is: Everyday we choose to love and everyday we choose not to love.

The 5 Touchpoints of Love are:
1. Encouraging Words
2. Acts of Service
3. Gift giving
4. Quality Time
5. Physical touch and closeness

You can take a little test to see what your primary touchpoint of love is and your child can do the same.  This is so crucial to know the best way that your child feels loved.  I know that in my marriage, that I love my husband best when I love him in the way that touches his heart.

Next week: The Father's Mandate

1 comment:

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

I have a couple of awards for you! Head over to my blog to receive them. http://www.crazyaboutmybaybah.com/2010/09/sharing-love-and-sweetness-awards.html