Thursday, March 31, 2011

Growing Kids God's Way: Repentance, Forgiveness and Restoration

This week we will discuss repentance, forgiveness and restoration. 

Repentance:
*Repentance is to turn away from and have a change of mind. 
*The doctrine of repentance must be understood in the context of relationship. 
*The object of repentance is not the sin itself, but the effect sin had on the relationship.

Forgiveness:
*Asking forgiveness doesn't mean saying "I'm sorry."
*To ask forgiveness is to acknowledge a motive of the heart.
*Example: Will you please forgive me for ______________?
*Response to someone who asks forgiveness- "Yes,"not "that's OK."

Restoration:
*Restoring the relationship closes the offense and buries it.

I hope this has given you some guidelines to think about and how to train your child in this very important skill.


Next time:  Discipline Issues part 1

1 comment:

Lexiquin said...

I'm glad I read this tonight. Thank you.