Monday, March 19, 2012

Easter Ideas 2012

Easter is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate because it reminds me of the great gift of salvation that God gave to me as a free gift and I have the privilege of sharing this with my children!

*We started off by making a paper chain to count down to Easter and the last 7 days have Scripture verses from Scripture Adventures "An Easter Adventure."


*We will also be learning the Easter story through the Resurrection Eggs, but I added the egg wraps from "An Easter Adventure" and that made only 10 that corresponded to the Resurrection Eggs I already had.


*Of course, we will be using our Easter Lapbook that I made last year.  Shrade just loved every story that I read in it and all the Bible verses.


*I'm also going to try this idea for Easter Egg Prayers.

*And we will also make these Resurrection Cookies!

*We love cooking so we will make Scripture Cookies too!

*Craft- Make Palm Branches!



*Another fun thing we will do is watch Miss Patty Cake's Easter Eggstravaganza.  Her songs are so easy to sing and very powerful!

*We have 2 Bible Memory verses that we will add to our Bible memory book from Songs for Saplings.
Spring verse- 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation."
Easter verse- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.  He was buried and rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."  (Believe it or not, my son learned this last year when he was only 2 years old!)

*We will also sing some traditional Easter Hymns like Christ the Lord is Risen Today!  I will even try to play it on the piano!

I anticipate a really great time of teaching my son the TRUE meaning of Easter this year.  Why don't you join in too!  What ideas do you have?  I would love to know more.


So many ideas floating around. Next year I want to use Amanda's Get a Sense of the Resurrection from Impress Your Kids. She is SO creative!

1 comment:

Annette Whipple said...

I was just thinking I need to figure out what to do this year for Easter!

Great ideas!