Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Letter Learning: Matching letters

I'm enjoying finding all the things I used in my classroom that I can now use with my son. I have this set of alphabet flashcards that has 3 pictures for each letter and on the back of each of the three one has a capital letter, a lowercase letter and both. My son pretty much knows all his letters and it's been great to see him connecting letters to beginning sounds in words.

I put out four cards on the table (1 letter card and 3 picture cards with one matching the letter). He had to match the first letter with the picture that starts with the letter.  It was pretty easy since all the letters are on the bottom of the picture, but I also had him name all of the pictures to increase his vocabulary.

I will share other ideas that I use with these flashcards in other posts.

No comments: