Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Learning Activity: Strawberries and Spelling!


Yesterday morning we had strawberries for breakfast and we started doing math problems like 2+2=4 and so on. A few minutes later Shrade said, "I'm going to take some out for my word."  I was curious to see what he was doing.  Then he started spelling his name as he took out one strawberry at a time.  I was amazed!  And I hate to admit this as a teacher, but I'm not sure what to call that except that that I'm finding out that Shrade is a tactile learner.  He went on to spell other words like his sister's name and mommy and daddy.  I would say the letters and he would move the strawberries!  I guess strawberries work for spelling.  Who knew?

2 comments:

Annette Whipple said...

We haven't tried berries, but it sure looks like fun!

Lisa Boyle said...

Looks fun and delicious! lol. :-)
Isn't it amazing how our children are constantly teaching us new things? Many blessings, Lisa