Friday, September 12, 2014

Queen Homeschool Supplies- Charlotte Mason Style Education

Queen Homeschool Supplies for all your Charlotte Mason Curriculum Needs!


Last year I started seriously looking for homeschool curriculum.  I really thought I would choose something similar to what I used when I taught Kindergarten.  But the one thing I forgot was that I wasn't teaching a class of 25, but my own child who has individual learning needs.  For once, I could choose what I wanted to teach.  That proved to be more of a difficult task than I imagined.

Now, I understand that every homeschool family has different reasons for picking what they are using for their children.  That's the beauty of it.  There are many great resources out there and I just wanted to choose what was best to work with my children.

About a year ago, one of the blogs I follow on Facebook posted a picture of a math book and history book with a picture of her kids on the back.  I read what she wrote about the curriculum and thought I would check it out. 

It was Queen Homeschool which follows the Charlotte Mason method.  I had heard of Charlotte Mason and actually thought there was not enough to it according to the standards in my mind.  But I began to research and think about how, why and what I wanted to teach my kids.  I realized that I do want to teach them from real life.  Charlotte Mason focuses on a living education. 

I decided to order a few things for my son for PreK last year: Language Lessons for Little Ones Volume 1 and Picture My Numbers.  I joined the Facebook group and loved all the great reviews people posted there. 

As I have been looking at several different curriculums that past year, I kept coming back to Queen Homeschool.  Why?  It's a family business.  The people are honest and trustworthy.  They seek to produce material that is user friendly, covers a variety of topics and is fun for learning.  There are several categories of subjects.  I particularly like the Language Series and the Math Series. 

Stay tuned for more reviews from what I am currently using.

No comments: