Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer Activites: Golfing Camp and Swimming and more!

Last week we started our 4 weeks of busyness!  My son had golf camp last week and we are in the middle of 2 weeks of swimming lessons.  Here are a few pictures and tips.

My son really enjoyed his week at golf camp.  He wants to go back again next year!



On one of the days my son had golf camp, I took my daughter on a Panera Bread date!  She thought that was fun!

 
This week the kids started swimming lessons. 
Last year I did 2 weeks for one kid and 2 weeks for another. 
This year I made their lessons back to back and next year they probably will be in the same class.
 
 
 
So while one child is in their lesson I am sitting on the bench with the other.  We just started receiving the magazines we got from Highlights Puzzle Club called Puzzlemania (for ages 7+) and Puzzle Buzz (for ages 4-7).  There are mazes, stickers, wordsearch, hidden pictures and more fun puzzles.  I like to see some of these thinking skills developed in my children in fun ways.

 


And on the way to and from all these outings we are listening to audio books on CD that we got at the library.  So far we have listened to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (good one!), The House on Pooh Corner and we just started Sarah Plain and Tall.  We don't seem to have as much time for reading at breakfast or lunch now that we are busier so I like this option.  I just started listening to this podcast- Read Aloud Revival- that is giving me some great new ideas! 


We also take little breaks and head out to the beach to dig and discover.  We are definitely enjoying this incredible weather this summer.  All too soon we are stuck indoors when Fall and Winter come around.  I have learned to pack bags with snacks and essentials pretty quick as we head off to new adventures. 

 
 
What are you up to this summer?

No comments: